Thursday, September 17, 2009

Procrastination is My Middle Name

I have been asked to teach digital scrapbooking to the ladies in my ward at church. I new about this over a month ago and here I sit at 11:00pm on Thursday night with almost nothing done. I thought I woudl have a ton of time to work on it this week, but with Terry going back to night shift and working a couple of extra days I didn't have the time I thought I did. It does me no good to sit here and lament over not being prepared, other than to lodge this into my memory and remember how utterly overwhelmed I feel right now, so that next time I will hop to it a little faster. But... reguardless I am still very excited about the class and I am hoping that I do a good job and that they have a lot of fun. I hope I can stay relaxed and funny, cause I would really like to be a speaker someday. I would love to help others feel better about themselves. To know that in this world there really is no time for self pity. We all have moments where we tell ourselves that this day or this life is not working out the way we planned it to. But, I have realized that the more I dwell on those kinds of thoughts the worse I feel and when I just pick myself up and quit making excuses and just dive into whatever needs to be done, without a dought I feel better about myself. I find that my outlook changes almost instantly and I am able to let the Spirit into my heart. I then find that the pitted road before me no longer looks, barren and rough, but instead inspires me with hope and courage for the journey which lies ahead and gratefullness for the destination at the end. I know that my Father in Heaven love me and my family. I know that He wants to take care of us and that the only things that hold us back is ourselves. I know that He will guide our family and help us to overcome the challenges that we face. I struggle with so many different things, but I know that the only time I will ever truly fail is if I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment