Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Start

Once again I find myself embarking on a journey to loose my excess body fat. I have tried and tried to loose the weight, but keep falling short of my goal. But, I vow to never give up because I believe that the only time you really fail at something is when you give up. I know that it is possible to overcome my challenges and I know that I will get there some day. In the words of the great but somewhat immature character-Anthony Denozo- "if you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got". So, now I am changing my routine, so that I am no longer doing things the same old way. My journey begins each day at about 5:30am where I get up, get dressed (admist the constant thoughts in the back of my head that keep telling me to go back to bed) and then eat breakfast. I either leave the house and go for a walk or I pop in a workout video. I then shower, and get ready for the day, followed by my personal quite devotional time. Well, that is the plan anyway. The first day, it was great! I got home just as the son was coming up over the mountain and I felt great. The second day, Devin, did not want to cooperate and decided to wake up early, so I had to lay in bed till about 6:45 till he went back to sleep. I flew downstairs to try and salvage what was left of my morning but alas it was not to be becasue Devin woke up once again and my attention was turned elsewhere. So...after about 5 pieces of cookie dough, later that afternoon, I decided I could still go for a run (well a walk and run-I started a 5k training program and I am at the beginning still). I did just that. Afterwards, I showered and was ready for the day at about 2:00 that afternoon. Better late than never...right? Well, as luck would have it, this morning Devin woke up at 6:20am right in the middle of my workout! "Wait" I said to myself as I huffed and puffed my way up the stairs to go and grab the crying, grumpy and somewhat asleep, little man who somehow manages to keep me tied around his little finger, "it is not supposed to happen this way. I am supposed to be able to have some alone time until at least 7:30am". I don't know how a child who would normally sleep in till at least 7:30am (if I am asleep too) somehow knows that I am righteously engaged in something and want attention. But, that is what a Mother does and I am happy to give my children as much attention as they need (even if it is not at the greatest time for me). I hope my children know that I love them with all my heart and I pray that the Lord will bless them and protect them from the things in this world. I pray that my children will know that God loves them and that all things are possible thru Him, if your heart is in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment